Benefits of Membership in the Sheboygan County Home Builders Association
Why Join the SCHBA?
Because membership will help you grow your business! SCHBA is a network of professionals serving the home building and remodeling industry in Sheboygan County. We come together to to provide resources to homeowners and improve our industry at a grass-roots level.
Our Members Include:
-Custom Home Builders
-Kitchen and Bath remodelers
-Exterior building and remodeling specialists: roofing, siding, and window companies
-Interior and remodeling specialists: carpet and flooring suppliers, tile installers, finish carpenters, drywallers, and plasterers
-Concrete and masonry specialists
Classes of Membership:
- Builder Member – Any firm engaged in the business of shelter construction, or remodeling.
- Associate Member – Any firm engaged in trade, industry, or profession related to shelter construction, remodeling, or land development.
- Affiliate Member – Additional representatives to a current member firm. This position has no voting rights but can serve as a committee chair.
SCHBA Resources and Benefits
- Market yourself and your business through our Parade of Homes, Spring Tour of Homes, annual Home Expo (discounted booth fee), and listing in our membership directory promoted on our website.
- Professional networking and social events held year-round are an opportunity to meet contractors, suppliers, subcontractors – even your competitors! Expand opportunities for your business through networking and forming partnerships with complimentary businesses.
- Help our Sheboygan County community through participation in our outreach programs.
- Give to the next generation of home building professionals though our local high school grant program.
- Learn from the guest speakers at our dinner events as they share expertise on industry trends and insights.
- Keep up-to-date with industry news through our informative weekly e-newsletter.
- Membership in SCHBA gives you access to amazing educational resources through WBA and NAHB.
Advocacy & Resources:
- Our full-time staff is ready to direct you to resources.
- Membership gives you a voice in shaping our industry. Together we advocate for needed changes to regulations and laws on a local, state, and national level.
Membership in SCHBA also includes membership in
WBA (Wisconsin Builders Association) and
NHBA (National Home Builders Association).
WBA Resources and Benefits
- Access and entire library of fillable construction contracts and forms.
- Receive a subscription to Badger Builder and Badger Architect Magazine and Wisconsin Building News
- Free use of the WBA 24/7 legal & building code hotline
- WBA provides insurance plans tailored to our industry including individual and group health, dental, and business and liability plans
- Educational opportunities:
- Annual B4 Conference offers continuing education credits and professional development for all members.
- Discounted continuing education credits for Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Credential through Home Builders University online courses
- WBA advocates for our industry in state government through governmental affairs specialists
- WBA has a 1-800 number and a full-time staff ready to help.
See www.wisbuild.org for more details.
National Association of Home Builders Benefits
- Receive valuable member discounts with major brands
- Comprehensive library and Builders Bookstore with discounted educational materials
- Free legal references
- Seminars and workshops
- Excellent Industry Publications – Builders Magazine and Nations Building News, NAHB Now, Eye on Housing
- Sponsors the annual International Builders Show
- Educational opportunities and discounts on education credits for certifications
- Tool Base Hotline
- Members only website portal – login at NAHB.org
- Advocacy in Washington DC
- NAHB has a toll free number and a full-time staff to help members.
See www.nahb.org for more details.
“Maritime Insurance is proud to be a member of the SCHBA. The opportunity to network with quality builders and associates has been very instrumental in growing our business.”
–Niel Larsen, Maritime Insurance Group