About Sheboygan County Home Builders Association
The Sheboygan County Home Builders Association (SCHBA) an organization of active professionals, strives to:
- Provide opportunities to educate and assist our members in successfully meeting industry challenges and opportunities
- Serve as a community resource regarding housing issues
- Work cooperatively with government to ensure safe, attainable housing in our area
Code of Ethics
The members of this Association shall be limited to those individuals who shall subscribe to the following Code of Ethics:
A. Members of the Home Builders Association believe and affirm that:
- Home ownership can and should be within reach of every American family.
- American homes should be well-designed, well-constructed, and well-located in attractive communities, with education, recreational, religious and shopping facilities accessible to all.
- American homes should be built under the free enterprise system.
B. To achieve these goals, we pledge allegiance to the following principles and policies:
- Our paramount responsibility is to our customer, our community and our country.
- Honesty is our guiding business policy.
- High standards of health, safety, and sanitation shall be built into every home.
- Members shall deal fairly with their respective employees, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- As members of a progressive industry, we encourage research to develop new materials, new building techniques, new building equipment and improved methods of home financing, to the end that every home purchaser may get the greatest value possible for every dollar.
- All sound legislative proposals affecting our industry and the people we serve shall have our informed and vigorous support.
- We hold inviolate the free enterprise system and the American Way of Life. We pledge our support to our associates, our local, state and national associations and all related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
We assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful that they are part of our obligation as members of the Home Builders Association.